Ever heard of Ten Things Thursday? Here’s a Ten Things Tuesday.
- I am looking forward to checking in and settling into my dorm here on the Cornell campus for my PD this week. I’ve been curled up in the student center happily reading and writing for three hours.
- I hope I have the wi-fi situation settled so I can make my TeachWrite online course this afternoon!
- I wonder if the groundhogs will leave the new plants in my garden alone while I’m gone? I chose them from a list of plants that they apparently aren’t interested in. I’m done fighting with them!
- I wish the way too chatty middle school boys on a lunch break from their math camp would go back to class, so I can hear myself think!
- I am curious to see if the woman who was on my flight from Philly, then on my bus here to campus, and now eating next to me in the cafeteria is here for the same PD?
- I don’t like unloading all my worldly possessions in airport security lines. The sight of those buckets makes me stressed! So worried I’m going to lose something!
- I pray there isn’t water in my basement back in Massachusetts. Thunderstorm and flash flood watch alerts keep popping up on my screen.
- I am falling behind in my summer reading. My TBR pile is enormous and I haven’t made as much progress as I wish I had.
- I can’t wait to go on the Heinemann Teacher Tour again at the end of the month. It was fun two years ago and I didn’t make it last year.
- Yeah! The middle school boys are leaving and it’s time to check in!
Many thanks to the crew at Two Writing Teachers, and the extended SOL community, for giving us the time, space, and encouragement to live the writerly life here each Tuesday. Won’t you join us?
5 thoughts on “Ten Things Tuesday #SOL”
I like this format! I hope you enjoy your PD. I think I’m done with formal PD this summer, and now I wish I’d scheduled another conference or even two. Next summer for sure! I am also ridiculously behind on my TBR–probably because I keep pursuing new reading interests. Right now, I’m loving Amor Towles’s A Gentleman in Moscow, which is huge huge huge and NOT the reading I was supposed to be doing!
A week of PD at Cornell in the summertime sounds delightful. ENJOY!
Your chosen format perfectly encapsulates your busy day. I’m glad you made it to Cornell. I’ve been hearing from lots of friends and families about cancelled flights in the NE. Have fun this week! I hope you share more about your PD later.
Christie, how wonderful that you are at Cornell for the week. It is such a beautiful campus and that area is gorgeous in the summertime. I like your 10 Things Tuesday list. That’s a good one to add to fun writing prompts.
Great format, Christie! Can’t wait to hear more about your PD at Cornell!