Trying my first “Currently.” Many thanks to Fran McVeigh for letting us all know in her slice Monday that it’s a favorite form of hers. It’s a bit of a “to do” list, too.
Currently (as of 6pm last night):
- Listening to “All Things Considered” on NPR. (Anyone else love Ari Shapiro?)
- Wearing my comfy inside-at-home-only Dansko clogs. (The official footwear of teachers and medical professionals!)
- Reheating Sunday night’s slow cooker beef stew. (Hope the flavor is better tonight. Adding some noodles.)
- Emptying the dishwasher. Ugh!
- Pondering possible slice themes and formats to stockpile.
- Hoping I remembered to turn off my classroom lights!
- Reminding myself to fill the bird feeders at home and at school. (Sorry, birds!)
- Remembering to reply to a parent email I forgot.
- Praying it doesn’t rain tomorrow, so we can go out for recess. It was a long day today! Go Noodle is a life saver, but…
- Wondering what time to leave Saturday AM for EdCamp Boston. (Have you been to an EdCamp? So cool!)
- Stressing about presenting at my first “Welcome to Kindergarten” parent forum two weeks from tonight.
- Ready to go to bed early tonight and read. No Twitter chats tonight. (Some faves now are #WonderChat, #G2Great, and #TCRWP.)
- Excited to nibble on my new favorite cookies while in bed reading later! (Watch the crumbs!)
- Feeling guilty because I’m slicing and not working out at the gym…again. (This slicing thing is addicting!)
This post is part of the annual month-long Slice of Life writing challenge organized by Two Writing Teachers. Join us! It’s my first time slicing and apparently I’m an “Early Morning Slicer,” too!